In my gamifying security presentation, I suggest using intangible returns, such as experiences that your management can receive by funding your security program, as a means to make security a game for management, such as:
What experience can security provide your executives and your board?
Andrew makes some really great points on punching up your communications to sell your game. A gamified security program will sell using the same techniques. Andrew’s points are:
1. Sell Them Sex, Not How to Play
2. Sell the Idea In 5 Seconds
3. Make Every Sentence a Selling Point
4. Get to the Strongest Word As Fast As Possible and Kill Superfluous Words
5. End Every Sentence with a Strong Word
6. Make Sentences Shorter the Further You Go
7. Utilize Perspective and Pronouns the Publisher Can Relate To
8. Tell a Story (my CIIO is all about this, and I find that this makes ALL the difference)
9. Devote One Section to Why the Game Will Sell
10. Arrange Your Information Neatly
Definitely go take a look at this method, its really well thought out.